1. Children are not pets.
2. The life they actually live and the life you perceive them to be living is not the same life.
3. Don't take what your children do too personally.
4. Don't keep score cards on them…a short memory is useful.
5. Dirt and mess are a breeding ground for well-being.
6. Stay out of their rooms after puberty.
7. Don't worry that they never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you.
8. Learn from them; they have much to teach you.
9. Love them long; let them go early.
Finally. You will never really know what kind of parent you were or if you did it right or wrong. Never.
And you will worry about this and them as long as you live. But when your children have children and
you watch them do what they do, you will have part of an answer.