1. Your thumb is nearest to you. So begin your prayers by praying for those closest to you. They are the easiest to remember.
2. The next finger is the pointing finger. Pray for those who teach, instruct and heal. This includes teachers, doctors, and ministers. They need support and wisdom in pointing others in the right direction.
3. The next finger is the tallest finger. It reminds us of our leaders. Pray for the president, leaders in business and industry, and administrators. These people shape our nation and guide public opinion.
4. The fourth finger is our ring finger. Surprising to many is the fact that this is our weakest finger. It should remind us to pray for those who are weak, in trouble or in pain.
5. And lastly comes our little finger; the smallest finger of all. Which is where we should place ourselves in relation to GOD and others. Your pinky should remind you to pray for yourself. By the time you have prayed for the other four groups, your own needs will be put into proper perspective and you will be able to pray for yourself more effectively.